Extreme Programming Implementation Issues
As a result of our ongoing field research (AlejandroGoyen ArielErlijman) we have found a series of XP implementation issues that repeateadly appear on discussion groups such as Wiki and EGroups (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/extremeprogramming).
Here are links to pages open for discussion. If you have any links/references to information related to each issue and/or its possible solutions, feel free to add them.
AdoptingXpPatternLanguage: A catalogue of approaches to take for getting an organization to transition to XP.
- ExtremeProgrammingWithLegacyCode : XP implementation issues in legacy code/systems
- ExtremeProgrammingTestingPrivateMethods : Should private methods be unit tested? If so, how?
- ExtremeProgrammingPracticeAdoptionOrder : Defining an optimal order in adopting XP practices
- ExtremeProgrammingTestingGuiIntensiveApps : Testing GUI-intensive applications
- ExtremeProgrammingSpareTime : What to do as an XP programmer when you're done with your engineering tasks
- ExtremeProgrammingUnitTestingApproach : Test-Code-Refactor Strategies (nested, serialized, etc.)
- ExtremeProgrammingChallengeTwenty : Defining priority between fixing bugs or implementing stories
- ExtremeProgrammingMetaphorVsArchitecture: Is the metaphor a valid substitute for System Architecture?
- ExtremeProgrammingSimplicityDefinition: What does "simplicity" mean from an XP standpoint?
- ExtremeProgrammingChallengeTwentyOne: Keeping user documentation in sync as application develops
- ExtremeProgrammingChallengeOne: Is XP applicable to all software development projects, including compilers and embedded systems?
- ExtremeProgrammingDependencyManagement: Should we track dependencies between logical/physical components?
- HundredPersonProject: Can XP scale to large development projects?
- ExtremeProgrammingChallengeNine: Is XP applicable to projects that require formal documentation?
- ExtremeProgrammingMultipleVoices: How to deal with multiple client "voices"
- ExtremeProgrammingSourceCodeCollision: Are tools the solution to avoid source code editing collision?
- ExtremeProgrammingStoryDependencyManagement: Should we track dependencies between stories?
- ExtremeProgrammingInDistributedEnvironments: Is XP applicable when team members are geographically separated from each other?
- ExtremeProgrammingProjectVelocity: How should Project Velocity be calculated for the first iteration?
- ExtremeProgrammingContinuousIntegrationIssues: How to integrate continuously if the build process takes hours or even days?
- ExtremeProgrammingOpenWorkingAreas: Some developers cannot concentrate in open work areas, and prefer quiet rooms.
- ExtremeProgrammingPairStrategies: How should pairs be formed in XP?
- ExtremeProgrammingUnitTestCode?: Should UnitTest source code be treated with the same importance as production code, or should it be treated as "second-class" code?
- ExtremeProgrammingRoleCompatibility: How should XP roles be distributed in small teams?
- DevelopersAreMasochists: Sometimes we seem to enjoy the rocky path.
As of 3/15/2001, we've opened a discussion group at EGroups for spanish-speaking people: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/xpspanish
[CategoryExtremeProgramming | CategoryAdoptingXp]
EditText of this page (last edited March 4, 2005)
FindPage by browsing or searching
This page mirrored in ExtremeProgrammingRoadmap as of April 29, 2006